Seafood lovers unite! Melt in your mouth crispy scallops perfect for entertaining your favorite seafood friends. Quick cook time and minimal effort required for this recipe.
Prep time: 5 Mins
Cook time: 5 Mins
- 1 1/4 pounds scallops
- 1 ounce of Cracker Boy Southern Fish Batter
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or broth
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. Thaw out frozen scallops. Remove the side muscle from the scallops if attached. Thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
2. In a large pan heat up olive oil until hot. Add the scallops in a single layer without over crowding the pan.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste and fry for 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip and fry again for 2 minutes until crisp, lightly browned and cooked through (opaque). Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same pan, scraping up any browned bits left over from the scallops. Add in the garlic and cook for about a minute.
5. Pour in wine (or broth) and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes or until wine reduces by about half. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter and lemon juice.
6. Remove pan (skillet) from the heat; add the scallops back into the pan to warm through slightly and garnish with parsley.
7. Serve with rice, pasta, or any side of your choosing!