It wouldn't be the holidays without Santa's cookies! Our Christmas Sugar Cookie recipe is a great way to get everyone in the kitchen this year. Not to mention, these buttery, melt in your mouth cookies won't last long once you take that first bite!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cracker Girl Sweet Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup of unsalted Butter, cut up into pieces
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
- 1 egg
- Icing, sprinkles & decorative toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cooking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl mix, cream the butter, sugar, and cinnamon sugar until combined. Mix in the egg, add the flour mixture from the other bowl, and continue mixing. (electric mixer preferred)
- Take a rolling pin and cover in flour. Roll dough into 1/4 inch thickness and place cut out shapes onto a baking sheet. Freeze for 5 minutes.
- Cook for 10-11 minutes and then let cookies cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Decorate with icing, sprinkles, etc & enjoy!