A big pot of chicken and rice soup is good for the soul. As the weather gets colder, warm soup becomes an instant craving. This recipe is so simple and is great to store and reheat throughout the week.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 3 large carrots peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion minced
- 1 celery diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts raw
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown rice rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Original Cracker Boy Seasoning
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery and cook and stir for 3-4 minutes, until onion begins to turn golden.
- Add garlic, parsley and thyme and 2 more minutes.
- Rinse rice. Add broth, chicken, rice, salt and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low (a simmer), cover, and cook for 30 minutes, stirring every few minutes until vegetables and rice are tender.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred into pieces. Add back to the pot with evaporated milk. Serve and enjoy!