The American Burger Dog June 05 2019 3 Comments
We can't think of anything more fitting for a July 4th cookout than a combination of America's two favorite grilling pastimes. Believe us, it's so much more than just a long hamburger.
Recipe courtesy of Chef John.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 2lbs 80% Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Cracker Boy Seasoning
- 8 Extra Long Hotdog Buns
- Mayo, Ketchup and Mustard
- 8 Slices Cheddar Cheese
1. Place the ground beef in a bowl and mix with Cracker Boy seasoning.
2. Portion the ground beef into 8 portions. Place one portion at a time on saran wrap and wrap up, molding into an elongated shape (like a flat hotdog).
3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat and grill the burgers until they are halfway cooked through, then flip. Add cheese. Take off grill and let sit 3-4 minutes.
4. Spread mayo on both sides of the hotdog buns, and add the burger. Top with ketchup and mustard, and enjoy!