St. Patricks Day Irish Shepherd's Pie March 13 2019 1 Comment
It's not just the luck of the Irish, it's the taste of the spice! Here's an Irish Shepherds Pie recipe that is almost as good as the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Prep time: 30 Mins
Cook time: 1 Hour 10 Mins
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place 2 tbs. butter in a dutch oven and saute garlic and onion for a few minutes. Add in lamb and brown the meat.
3. Add flour, Cracker Boy Seasoning, ketchup to the meat mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add water and scrape cooked pieces from the bottom of the dutch oven. Allow to simmer for 6 minutes or until thick.
5. Remove from heat and stir in peas and carrots. Spread mixture into a greased casserole dish and set aside.
6. Boil potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain well and then return potatoes to the pot, mash them and season to taste.
7. Whisk egg yolk and cream in a small bowl and pour into potato mixture. Combine. Add in cream cheese, Irish cheese, and season with more Cracker Boy Seasoning to taste.
8. Spread potato mixture over the lamb mixture in dish.
9. Bake 20-30 minutes or until edges of potatoes are golden brown.