Lemon Pepper Whole Chicken April 03 2017
Tired of bland poultry? Kick dinner up a notch with this easy and simple Lemon Pepper Whole Roasted Chicken. What's great about this recipe is you can enjoy the chicken for days after! The flavors go well with roasted potatoes and vegetables, and the leftover meat makes for a mean chicken and rice soup.
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 1 hour
5lb whole chicken, washed & patted dry
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ cup butter, softened
2 springs fresh rosemary, diced
Fresh lemon juice (juice of 2 lemons)
Sliced lemons, sliced onions, spring of rosemary for cavity stuffing
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Combine butter, olive oil and rosemary in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
3. Generously season outside of chicken and inside cavity with Cracker Boy Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
4. Brush the butter mixture onto the chicken covering up all of the chicken.
5. Squeeze the juice of 2 lemons all over the chicken.
6. Stuff the chicken with lemon slices, rosemary and onions. Tie together the legs if desired.
7. Place chicken in roasting pan. Cook for 45 minutes and then baste.
8. Return to oven and cook for another 15 minutes or until golden. Lightly tent with foil if chicken is browning too quickly.
9. Let chicken cool for 15 minute before carving.