Grilled 'Mac Daddy' Ribeye August 08 2017
Thank you to Gloria from Ohio for submitting this juicy two-day 'Mac Daddy' Ribeye recipe, created by her fiance´. While this recipe may only have a few ingredients, you better prep in advance because this king of steaks takes a full day to marinate. We aren't even going to give you a side dish for it because, well, it's a Mac Daddy Ribeye.
PREP TIME: 1 day
COOK TIME: roughly 30 mins
2 thick cut bone-in ribeye steaks
1/4 c Worcestershire sauce (give or take)
4 tbs unsalted butter
Prep — 1 Day Before Cooking
Take your 2 thick cut bone-in ribeye steaks and place on a cutting board. With a fork, poke holes in your steaks so that seasonings can absorb all the way through. Rub steaks with Cracker Boy Seasoning on both sides. Place steaks into a plastic ziplock bag and place the bag in a baking dish to keep steady. Pour Worcestershire sauce into the bag and zip up. Place dish in the fridge to marinate overnight or up to two days.
1. Set your grill on high and allow to warm. Place a cast iron skillet on the grill, lid closed, and allow to preheat, about 10-15 minutes.
2. Place steaks on the hottest part of the grill and cook for 5 minutes with the lid closed.
3. Wait 5 minutes and open the grill, putting the butter into the skillet that is preheated. Quickly flip the steaks, grill side up, into the skillet. Cook, basting with butter, for 5-7 minutes.
4. Close the lid and continue cooking until the internal temperature of the steak is 125 to 130 degrees F for medium rare, about ten minutes. Cook a little longer for well-done.
5. Remove pan from the grill and pour on Cracker Boy BBQ Sauce (room temp). Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
Serve your Mac Daddy Ribeye with whatever you please. We like roasted potatoes and some garlic green beans.