Gameday Crock Pot Beer Chili September 11 2019 42 Comments
Football season is here, which means tailgate parties and, of course, tailgate food! This is the perfect thing to fill you up while you're cheering on your favorite team. And the best part? It's got beer in it, too.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 4-8 hours
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 tsp oil (vegetable or olive)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 bottle of beer
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 jalapeno, diced very small (optional)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 large can of kidney beans
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 1 tbsp Cracker Boy Chili Seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 large handfulls tortilla chips (and more for serving)
1. Preheat your crock pot to the highest heat setting.
2. Brown the meat in a skillet with the oil. Add to the crock pot once cooked.
3. Add the beer to the crock pot.
4. Add salsa, corn, beans, tortilla chips, jalapeno, tomato paste, chili seasoning and cumin to the mixture and stir.
5. Cook on high 4 hours or on low 8 hours. Serve with tortilla chips or rice, sour cream and cilantro.
This recipe is for 4 people, so double or triple depending on the amount of people you are cooking for.