PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
Filet of salmon (6 oz)
8-10 oz rotini pasta
3 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
1 head of broccoli
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 ripe avocados
1 teaspoon Cracker Boy Seasoning
1. In a pot, boil enough water to cook the pasta. Add salt to the water.
2. Meanwhile in a separate pan, heat the oil and add the garlic. Once the oil is hot, add the salmon and broccoli and pan sear the fish on both sides.
3. Once the water boils, pour in the pasta and cook according to the box instructions. Drain the pasta once cooked al dente.
4. Once the salmon is fully cooked, use a wooden spoon to break it into bite sized chunks. This way, every bite has some salmon.
5. In a bowl, mash up 2 avocados with a fork or spoon. Add salt, pepper, and Cracker Boy Seasoning to taste. For a little spice, add a pinch of Cracker Boy Chili Seasoning. Squeeze in the juice of 1/4 of a lemon for some freshness! Add the mashed avocado to the pan with salmon and broccoli. The heat will "melt" the avocado and give it that cream like consistency. Evenly coat the salmon and broccoli with the avocado. Add the cooked pasta and coat it evenly.
6. Pour the pasta in an oven safe dish and add the breadcrumbs and parmesan on top.
7. Put the casserole under the broiler until the bread crumbs and parmesan mixture turn golden brown!
8. Serve hot to friends and family, and wait for compliments! Serves 5.
Notes: For a gluten free option, use gluten free pasta. Use rotini or shelled shaped pasta so that the avocado sauce can hug the ridges of the noodle. The smaller the broccoli is chopped, the faster it will cook, so be mindful of when you put that in the pan as you don't want to overcook the broccoli!